Hereford-based 2Faced Dance is looking for people aged 18-25 to sit on the board of trustees. Here's what they had to say about the opportunity...
"Being a trustee means you see the deeper workings of our organisation giving you a genuine insight into how development and business management support the creation of dance.
"Listening to young people and putting their ideas into action means we’re able to develop progressive attitudes and remain relevant to our communities on and off stage. That’s why we want to include young people at every part of our organisation from apprenticeships to governance.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Age 18-25
- Can commit to the whole term (minimum 1 year)
- Understands the responsibility and the confidentiality of being a trustee
- Has an interest in the arts, business or charities
- Someone who has confidence, is a good listener, wants to learn and actively contribute as a trustee.
- Has an understanding of what you want to achieve through being a trustee
HOW OFTEN WOULD I NEED TO ATTEND MEETINGS?
The board meets 4 times a year in January, April, July and October. All dates are confirmed a year in advance. Between these meetings each board member donates a small amount of their time and expertise to other 2Faced Dance Projects. Travel expenses will be provided.
HOW TO APPLY
Send them a video (up to 3 mins) or an email (up to a side of A4) explaining why 2Faced need you, why you want to join theboard and what you want to get out of the experience.
Deadline to get your application to email@example.com is 10pm on 4 October 2019. Applicants will be invited for a conversation/informal interview at The Courtyard Arts Centre in Hereford.