This funding scheme from the BFI helps anyone who works with 'screen-related' engagement or education to attend international conferences and events. You don't have to me working in the cinema industry to qualify, and you can apply for a maximum of £550 towards expenses.
What does the fund cover? The fund will provide support for attendance at a conference/event/seminar that is held outside of the UK for which, without the contribution of the funding, attendance would be impossible. The fund will provide a contribution towards conference fees, travel and accommodation expenses. It will not support food and beverage costs.
Who is the funding for? The funders are particularly interested in supporting practitioners who:
- are new to the work
- are working in very small organisations
- are freelancers
- wish to present at or participate in a panel discussion at the proposed event
The aims of the funding are:
- to enable individuals to develop their practice
- for the individual to disseminate what they have learned, and so develop practice in a wider context
- to foster international understandings and working relationship
Retrospective applications will not be considered. Maximum award: £550. There is no minimum amount.
Funding for: attendance of international events and conferences (film, screen, cinema)
For more infomation: contact Cathy Poole at firstname.lastname@example.org